- This event has passed.
The Future of Education for Juvenile Justice-Involved Youth Webinar
August 31, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PDT
Event Location: Zoom
Watch the recording on YouTube
CTS & LA County leaders share a NEW report from CTS examining the implementation of Road to Success Academies (RTSA), a comprehensive educational model for juvenile court schools who serve young people detained for extended periods of time that endeavors to re-ignite student excitement and interest in learning through thematic interdisciplinary project-based learning. Learn how the state can move towards systems of early investments, prevention, care, and educational engagement.
- Dr. Tyrone C. Howard, Faculty Director, UCLA Center for the Transformation of Schools
- Holly J. Mitchell, Los Angeles County Supervisor, 2nd District
- Isaac G. Bryan, California State Assemblymember (District 54, Los Angeles)
- Dr. Debra Duardo, Los Angeles County Superintendent of Schools, Los Angeles County Office of Education
- Dr. Diana Velasquez, Educational Programs Executive Director, Los Angeles County Office of Education
- Dr. Angela James, Research Director & lead report author, UCLA Center for the Transformation of Schools
- Samantha Cruz, RTSA (Renaissance County Community Schools) Alumni